For the last several years, Emerging Strategy has maintained a popular and successful internship program. Interns contribute to various aspects of research, analysis, writing and presentation, and business development, depending on interest and language skills. While we cannot specify in advance the nature and sector of specific projects that an Intern may work on, Interns typically have the opportunity to support teams working on diverse client projects as well as internal projects. We have high expectations from all Interns, and treat them on par with regular employees. This results in useful knowledge and skill development in an Asia-oriented research and consulting environment. We periodically offer full-time positions to outstanding Interns.
Past Interns have come from:
- United States: Cornell University, Williams College, Swarthmore College, Middlebury College, Vassar College, University of Michigan, George Washington University, Bryn Mawr College, University of California at Berkeley, and others.
- China: Fudan University, Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai International Studies University, Hopkins-Nanjing Center, and others.
- Europe: University of Cambridge, Audencia Nantes Ecoles de Management, EDHEC, University Paris Dauphine, Bocconi University, and others.
We typically take on Interns in the following cycles, with some overlap:
- Spring: January to June (3-6 months)
- Summer: June to August/September (3 months)
- Autumn: August/September to December (3-6 months)
- Winter: December-January (6-8 weeks)
Intern Analyst & Intern Associate
The Intern Analyst role is appropriate for current or recent undergraduates, whereas the Intern Associate role is appropriate for current or recent Masters students such as MBAs. Intern Associates are expected to contribute at a more advanced level, particularly with analysis, strategy, and writing.
For further details relating to the Intern Analyst position, please click here.
For further details relating to the Intern Associate position, please click here.