- Full Time
- Washington DC
Posted 2 years ago
The Senior Director of Sales role is a hybrid sales and leadership role. This role is great for individuals who thrive as individual sales professionals while also leading their team by example. The ideal candidate is an experienced, independent sales professional with a proven track record of 5 or more years’ selling complex five and six-figure knowledge or consulting products to the top Strategy, Corporate Development and Marketing function leaders within Fortune 2000 multi-national companies (various sectors), as well as 2 or more years of sales team management experience. Experience within the market intelligence or management consulting industries is strongly preferred.
- Meet individual sales quota; this is an essential part of the role combined with managerial responsibilities.
- Manage up to 3 sales professionals to reach their sales goals through hands on oversight, coaching, account planning, participation in their sales meetings and training support.
- Meet a minimum target for new sales meetings and visits per month in order to build a pipeline that can achieve your individual sales quota
- Travel 5-8 days each month to conduct onsite sales meetings with prospective clients
Responsibilities – Individual
- Leveraging email, phone, LinkedIn, industry research and other means to proactively identify, qualify and schedule new sales opportunities within large companies headquartered in the U.S.
- Background research on companies, industries etc. to identify potential business opportunities
- Provoke interest and build value for traditionally unbudgeted purchases that can deliver significant and measurable impact to the customer; able to accurately assess customer needs and preferences, and adjust sales approach accordingly
- Propose, negotiate, close and transition new customers using a consultative sales approach.
- Document and track sales pipeline activity using our CRM tool in order to produce accurate sales forecasts against individual, team and corporate goals
- Clarity and consistency in client communications, discussions documents, proposals and pricing schemes
- Proven ability to self-manage to high performance standard
Responsibilities – Team/Organization
- Hands-on management with sales team to achieve individual goals: Leading by example.
- Ability to develop talent through coaching, training and leadership.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Team for the North America business, contributing to company strategy and operations.
- Communicate across the company’s global locations with all departments especially the research team.
- Sales planning: Build on and help refine the sales process, sales tools, sales territories and rules, compensation plan. Establish short- and long-term metrics and monitoring plan to ensure success.
Background and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree from a top institution and a strong academic track record
- 5+ years selling conceptual services and/or research and market intelligence
- 2+ years of sales team management experience
- Verifiable history of accountability, perseverance and over-quota achievement of deals from $50,000 to $100,000 or higher in a high activity volume sales environment
- Experience working with and influencing C-level executives and other sophisticated buying groups
- Strong articulation skills through excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation. High level of conversational, engagement and interviewing skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit that makes you comfortable being challenged and taking on calculated business risks.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience, uncapped commission earnings, plus benefits
Location: Arlington, Virginia